Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
- Restoration of the endodontically treated tooth.in: Quintessence Int, Chicago1982: 313-339
- Glass-cermet cements.in: Quintessence Int, Chicago1985: 333-343
- Phillips' science of dental materials.in: 10th ed. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia:1996: 66-71
- The fracture toughness of dental composites. II. The environmental and temperature dependence of the stress intensification factor (KIC).J Oral Rehabil. 1982; 9: 133-138
- The fracture toughness of tooth coloured restorative materials.J Oral Rehabil. 1984; 11: 257-272
- Fracture mechanics.in: 2nd ed. CRC Press Inc, Boca Raton (FL)1995: 83-87
- Fracture mechanics: an introduction.in: Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht, The Netherlands1993: 15-30
- Fracture toughness of composite and unfilled restorative resins.J Dent Res. 1977; 56: 748-753
- Fracture toughness testing of dental biomaterials.Polymer Eng Sci. 1979; 19: 607-608
- The effect of environmental aging on the fracture toughness of dental composites.J Dent Res. 1987; 66: 722-726
- Fracture properties of composite and glass ionomer dental restorative materials.J Biomed Mater Res. 1985; 19: 771-783
- An investigation into the fracture behavior of particulate-filled bis-GMA resin.J Dent Res. 1987; 66: 1128-1133
- The fracture toughness of dental composites. I. The development of strength and fracture toughness.J Oral Rehabil. 1982; 9: 55-66
- The fracture toughness of dental composites. III. The effect of environment upon the stress intensification factor (KIC) after extended storage.J Oral Rehabil. 1984; 11: 393-398
- The fracture toughness (KIC) of amalgam.J Oral Rehabil. 1985; 12: 59-68
- The development of fracture toughness and fracture strength in posterior restorative materials.Dent Mater. 1987; 3: 225-231
- The fracture toughness of repaired composite.J Oral Rehabil. 1986; 13: 413-421
- Fracture toughness of dental amalgams.Biomaterials. 1983; 4: 234-242
- The fracture toughness of various core materials.J Prosthodont. 1995; 4: 33-37
- Retention of core composites, glass ionomers, and cermets by a self-threading dentin pin: the influence of fracture toughness upon failure.Dent Mater. 1990; 6: 185-188
- Standard test method for plane-strain fracture toughness of metallic materials. E-399. 1983
- Variables affecting the fracture toughness of dental composites.J Dent Res. 1987; 66: 1140-1145
- Dimensional stability of composite used as a core material.J Prosthet Dent. 1986; 56: 554-561
- Leakage associated with load fatigue-induced preliminary failure of full crowns placed over three different post and core systems.J Endod. 1998; 24: 26-32
- In vitro surface degradation of composites by water and thermal cycling.Dent Mater. 1986; 2: 193-197
- Surface permeability and degradation of dental composites resulting from oral temperature changes.Dent Mater. 1989; 5: 247-255
- The effect of thermal cycling on the fracture toughness of seven composite materials.Dent Mater. 1989; 5: 23-26
- Interim luting agents, composite core surface hardness and retention of interim and final restorations.Am J Dent. 1990; 3: 207-212
- Hardness and fracture toughness of commercial core composite resins.Dent Mater J. 1993; 12: 62-68
- Analysis of stresses and strains near the end of a crack transversing a plate.J Appl Mech Trans ASME. 1957; 24: 361-364
- In vitro depth of cure of photo-activated composites.J Dent Res. 1982; 61: 1184-1187
☆This research was supported by a 1995 Tylman Research Grant and received the second place Tylman competition award at the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics 46th Annual Scientific Session, Chicago, Ill., February 1997. A poster abstract of the research was presented at the 74th General Session of the American Association for Dental Research, San Francisco, Calif., March 1996.
☆☆aPrivate Practice, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
★bAssociate Professor and Director, Graduate Prosthodontics.
★★cAssociate Professor, Division of Dental Biomaterials.
♢dAssociate Professor and Head, Division of Prosthodontics.
♢♢Reprint requests to: Dr William W. Nagy, Director, Graduate Prosthodontics, Marquette University School of Dentistry 334, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881, Fax: (414)288-6516, E-mail: [email protected]