Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
- The dimensional accuracy of improved dental stone silverplated, and epoxy resin die materials.J Prosthet Dent. 1988; 59: 307-310
- Specification 25 for dental gypsum products.in: : American National Standards Institute, New York2000: 244-253
- Explanation for the hygroscopic setting expansion of dental gypsum products.J Dent Res. 1960; 39: 578-582
- Dimensional accuracy of epoxy resins and their compatibility with impression materials.J Prosthet Dent. 1984; 52: 500-504
- Phillip's science of dental materials.in: 10th ed. : WB Saunders, Philadelphia1996: 185-208
- Surface hardness, compressive strength, and abrasion resistance of indirect die stones.J Prosthet Dent. 1952; 2: 381-389
- International Standard 6873, dental gypsum products.: International Organization for Standardization, Geneva1998
- Die materials for inlay, crown and bridge work.Br Dent J. 1969; 127: 415-420
- Comparison of four techniques for monitoring the setting kinetics of gypsum.J Prosthet Dent. 1998; 79: 532-536
- Accuracy, detail reproduction, and hardness of gypsum casts produced from silicon impressions treated with glow discharge.J Prosthet Dent. 1993; 70: 457-464
- Accuracy of a removable die-dowel pin technique.J Dent Res. 1971; 50: 1249-1252
- Compressive strength and surface hardness of type IV die stone when mixed with water substitutes.J Prosthet Dent. 1984; 52: 510-514
- Accuracy of four removable die techniques.J Am Dent Assoc. 1971; 83: 1081-1085
- Changes in the composition and setting characteristics of plaster of Paris on exposure to high humidity atmospheres.J Dent Res. 1945; 24: 65-74
- Studies on the preparation of calcium sulfate hemihydrate by an autoclave process.J App Chem. 1968; 18: 307-312
- New die materials in dentistry.J Mich Dent Assoc. 1962; 44: 9-13
- Applied dental materials.in: 7th ed. : Martin Book Service Ltd, London1990: 28-31
- Method of producing gypsum plaster.US Patent. 1933; 3: 190105
- The measurement of the setting time of gypsum products.Aust Dent J. 1964; 9: 17-26
- Activating and retarding agents for the setting of plaster of Paris.Kolloid Z. 1928; 44: 242-249
- Dimensional accuracy of improved dental stone and epoxy resin die materials. Part I: Single die.J Prosthet Dent. 1997; 77: 131-135
- The effect of asbestos-alternatives on the accuracy of cast veneer crowns.Swed Dent J. 1982; 6: 127-131
- Evaluation of detail reproduction for three die materials by using scanning electron microscopy and two-dimensional profilometry.J Prosthet Dent. 1995; 74: 1-7
- Fracture strength of type IV and type V die stone as a function of time.J Prosthet Dent. 1997; 78: 554-559
- Comparison of the surface detail reproduction of flexible die material systems.J Prosthet Dent. 1998; 80: 485-489
- Properties of gypsum with the addition of gum arabic and calcium hydroxide.J Prosthet Dent. 1996; 76: 530-534
- Comparison of transverse strength and dimensional variations between die stone, die epoxy resin, and die polyurethane resin.J Prosthet Dent. 1995; 74: 569-574
- Dimensional accuracy of improved dental stone and epoxy resin die materials. Part II: Complete arch form.J Prosthet Dent. 1997; 77: 235-238
☆This research was supported by a 1998 Tylman Research Grant and also received the first place Tylman competition award at the 49th annual scientific session of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, February 2000, Chicago, Ill. A poster abstract (no. 470) of the pilot research was presented at the 27th annual meeting of the American Association for Dental Research, March 1998, Minneapolis, Minn.
☆☆aAssistant Professor, Department of Restorative, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry.
★bAssociate Professor and Director, Graduate Prosthodontics, Marquette University School of Dentistry.
★★cAdjunct Associate Professor, Division of Prosthodontics, Marquette University School of Dentistry.
♢dAssociate Professor (retired), Division of Dental Biomaterials, Marquette University School of Dentistry.
♢♢Reprint requests to: Dr William W. Nagy, Marquette University School of Dentistry 334, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881, Fax: (414)288-6516, E-mail: [email protected]