This article describes the use of CAD/CAM titanium abutments for restoring dental implants. This new system incorporates both advantages of modern technology and a simplified impression technique with a coded healing abutment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The status of CAD/CAM in restorative dentistry.Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001; 22: 968-972
- Contemporary materials and technologies for all-ceramic fixed partial dentures: a review of the literature.J Prosthet Dent. 2004; 92: 557-562
- The Procera abutment—the fifth generation abutment for dental implants.J Can Dent Assoc. 2000; 66: 445-449
- CT data and its CAD and CAM utility in implant planning: part I.J Oral Implantol. 2002; 28: 302-303
- Synthesis of CAD/CAM, robotics and biomaterial implant fabrication: single-step reconstruction in computer-aided frontotemporal bone resection.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 29: 384-388
- Custom-made cast titanium implants produced with CAD/CAM for the reconstruction of cranium defects.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27: 334-338
- Ceramic abutments—a new era in achieving optimal esthetics in implant dentistry.Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2000; 20: 81-91
- Experimental zirconia abutments for implant-supported single-tooth restorations in esthetically demanding regions: 4-year results of a prospective clinical study.Int J Prosthodont. 2004; 17: 285-290
- Virtual-designed and computer-milled implant abutments.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005; 63: 22-32
- A comparison of laser-welded titanium and conventional cast frameworks supported by implants in the partially edentulous jaw: a 3-year prospective multicenter study.Int J Prosthodont. 2000; 13: 282-288
- Accuracy of machine milling and spark erosion with a CAD/CAM system.J Prosthet Dent. 1996; 76: 187-193
- Evaluation of the precision of fit between the Procera custom abutment and various implant systems.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2003; 18: 652-658
- An evaluation of impression techniques for multiple internal connection implant prostheses.J Prosthet Dent. 2004; 92: 470-476
- Fundamentals of fixed prosthodontics.3rd ed. Quintessence, Chicago1997 (p. 335-83)
School of Dentistry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, La
© 2006 The Editorial Council of The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.