Statement of problem
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
- Evolution of dental ceramics in the twentieth century.J Prosthet Dent. 2001; 85: 61-66
- Advances in ceramic restorations. Interview by Mark J. Friedman.Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2002; 23: 450-456
- Rational approach to tooth preparation for ceramo-metal restorations.Dent Clin North Am. 1977; 21: 683-698
- The structure and microstructure of dental porcelain in relationship to the firing conditions.Int J Prosthodont. 1989; 2: 376-384
- Anusavice K.J. Phillips R.W. Phillips' science of dental materials. 11th ed. Elsevier, St. Louis2003: 666
- Aspects of metal-ceramic bonding.Dent Clin North Am. 1987; 31: 333-346
- A comparison of the bond strength of opaque and body porcelains on different types of ceramo-metal alloys.Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed. 1988; 98: 937-943
- A study of the bond strength and color of ultralow-fusing porcelain.Int J Prosthodont. 2000; 13: 159-165
- Bonding mechanism evidence in a ceramic—non precious alloy system.J Biomed Mater Res. 1977; 11: 701-709
- Studies on the wear of porcelain, enamel, and gold.J Prosthet Dent. 1971; 25: 299-306
- Analyzing the etiology of an extremely worn dentition.J Prosthodont. 2001; 10: 224-233
- The wear of enamel when opposed by ceramic systems.Dent Mater. 1989; 5: 266-271
- Understanding wear in dentistry.Compend Contin Educ Dent. 1999; 20: 19-24
- Etiology and diagnosis of tooth wear: a literature review and presentation of selected cases.Int J Prosthodont. 2000; 13: 101-107
- Restoration of the extremely worn dentition.J Prosthet Dent. 1984; 52: 467-474
- Occlusal wear in prosthodontics.J Am Dent Assoc. 1971; 82: 154-159
- Factors affecting enamel and ceramic wear: a literature review.J Prosthet Dent. 2002; 87: 451-459
International Organization for Standardization. ISO 9693: 1999(E): Metal-ceramic dental restorative systems. Available at: http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/prods-services/ISOstore/store.html.
- Bond strength of metal-ceramic systems in three-point flexure bond test.J Appl Biomater. 1995; 6: 55-64
- An evaluation of the four-point flexural test for metal-ceramic bond strength.J Dent Res. 1982; 61: 1066-1069
- Screening tests for metal-ceramic systems.in: McLean J.W. Dental ceramics. Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Ceramics. Quintessence, Chicago1983: 371
This investigation was supported by Graduate Prosthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry University of Connecticut Health Center and the 2004 American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics Tylman Research Grant Program.
The views expressed in the article are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the US Government (Para 4-3, AR 360-5).