Statement of problem
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Failures and complications in 391 consecutively inserted fixed prostheses supported by Brånemark implants in edentulous jaws: a study of treatment from the time of prosthesis placement to the first annual checkup.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1991; 6: 270-276
- Osseointegrated implants for single tooth replacement: a 1-year report from a multicenter prospective study.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1991; 6: 29-36
- A six-year prosthodontic study of 509 consecutively inserted implants for the treatment of partial edentulism.J Prosthet Dent. 1992; 67: 236-245
- The longitudinal clinical effectiveness of osseointegrated dental implants: the Toronto study. Part III: Problems and complications encountered.J Prosthet Dent. 1990; 64: 185-194
- Effects of infection control procedures on the accuracy of a new mechanical torque wrench system for implant restorations.J Prosthet Dent. 1996; 75: 93-98
- Loads and designs of screw joints for single crowns supported by osseointegrated implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1992; 7: 353-359
- McGraw Hill, New York2008: 425-429 Shigley's mechanical engineering design. 8th ed.
- Elongation and preload stress in dental implant abutment screws.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1995; 10: 529-536
- Theoretical analysis of the fatigue life of fixture screws in osseointegrated dental implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1992; 7: 26-33
- Implant screw mechanics.Dent Clin North Am. 1998; 42: 71-89
- Accuracy of mechanical torque-limiting devices for implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2002; 17: 220-224
- Implant-abutment screw joint preload of 7 hex-top abutment systems.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2001; 16: 367-377
- Torque required to loosen single-tooth implant abutment screws before and after simulated function.Int J Prosthodont. 1993; 6: 435-439
- Preload loss in gold prosthesis-retaining screws as a function of time.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2004; 19: 124-132
- Forces and moments on Branemark implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1989; 4: 241-247
- Tightening characteristics for screwed joints in osseointegrated dental implants.J Prosthet Dent. 1994; 71: 592-599
- Preloads generated with repeated tightening in three types of screws used in dental implant assemblies.J Prosthodont. 2006; 15: 164-171
- Torque generated by handheld screwdrivers and mechanical torquing devices for osseointegrated implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1994; 9: 149-155
- A measurement of torque values obtained with hand-held drivers in a simulated clinical setting.J Prosthodont. 1993; 2: 212-214
- Providing optimum torque to implant prostheses: a pilot study.Implant Dent. 1993; 2: 50-52
- The effect of 3 torque delivery systems on gold screw preload at the gold cylinder-abutment screw joint.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2002; 17: 175-183
- Accuracy of a manual torque application device for morse-taper implants: a technical note.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2004; 19: 743-748
- Accuracy of the implant torque wrench following time in clinical service.Int J Prosthodont. 1997; 10: 562-567
- Accuracy of electronic implant torque controllers following time in clinical service.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2001; 16: 394-399
- Accuracy of an electric torque-limiting device for implants.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1999; 14: 278-281
Presented at the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics Annual Scientific Session table clinics, Chicago, Ill, February 2008.