The application of computer-aided design/computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to fabricate a retrofit ceramic surveyed crown to an existing partial removable dental prosthesis (PRDP) is described. The fabrication of a surveyed crown by using CAD/CAM technology enables precise and easy replication of the shape and contours as well as the rest seat of the existing abutment tooth, ensuring excellent adaptation to the existing PRDP framework with minimal adjustment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Constructing cast crowns to fit existing removable partial denture clasps.J Prosthet Dent. 1976; 36: 382-386
- Construction of a crown to fit a removable partial denture clasp.J Prosthet Dent. 1977; 38: 226-228
- A new crown for an existing removable partial prosthesis.Quintessence Int Dent Dig. 1979; 10: 35-40
- Fabricating crowns to fit existing removable partial dentures: an illustration of two techniques.J Prosthodont. 1993; 2: 199-205
- An indirect procedure for making a crown under an existing partial denture.J Prosthet Dent. 1993; 69: 631-633
- Making a crown to fit accurately under an existing removable partial denture clasp assembly.J Prosthet Dent. 1994; 71: 206-208
- Fabricating abutment crowns for existing removable partial dentures using custom resin clasp analogs.J Prosthet Dent. 1988; 80: 619-629
- Retrofitting crowns to an existing removable partial denture clasp: a simple technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2002; 87: 399-402
- Surveyed crowns: a key for integrating fixed and removable prosthodontics.Quintessence Dent Technol. 1987; 11: 43-49
- Fabrication of an all-ceramic abutment crown under an existing removable partial denture using CAD/CAM technology.J Prosthet Dent. 2007; 98: 478-482
- All-ceramic surveyed crowns for removable partial denture abutments.J Prosthet Dent. 2000; 84: 400-402
- Removable partial denture abutments restored with all-ceramic surveyed crowns.Quintessence Int. 2006; 37: 283-288
- Procera Allceram crowns followed for 5 to 10.5 years: a prospective clinical study.Int J Prosthodont. 2001; 14: 504-509
- Estimating long-term survival of densely sintered alumina crowns: a cohort study over 10 years.J Prosthet Dent. 2011; 106: 23-28
- Clinical long-term evaluation and failure characteristics of 1,335 all-ceramic restorations.Int J Prosthodont. 2012; 25: 70-78
© 2012 The Editorial Council of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.