Immediate post-extraction and same-day placement of interim prostheses have increased patient acceptance of implant-supported prostheses. However, for immediate prostheses supported by multiple implants, meeting passive fit and esthetic standards is often challenging. In this clinical report, implant photogrammetry was combined with conventionally obtained digitized casts to prepare an interim, milled prosthesis from a polyoxymethylene (POM) disk, using computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing techniques. The following 2 conclusions were drawn. First, stereophotogrammetric scanning appears to be a reliable method for making impressions of immediate, implant-supported partial prostheses, and second, POM is suitable for preparing immediate interim screw-retained prosthetic implants.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A prospective study of immediate functional loading, following the teeth in a Day protocol: a case series of 55 consecutive edentulous maxillas.Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2005; 7: 24-31
- Patient satisfaction following dental implant treatment with immediate loading in the edentulous atrophic maxilla.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011; 26: 356-364
- Immediate loading of implants in the edentulous maxilla with a fixed provisional restoration without bone augmentation: a report on 5-year outcomes data obtained from a prospective clinical trial.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2016; 31: 1164-1170
- Close-range photogrammetry applications in bridge measurement: literature review.Measurement. 2008; 41: 823-834
- Photogrammetry and its potential application in medical science on the basis of selected literature.Adv Clin Exp Med. 2015; 24: 737
- Mucosal topography around implants in edentulous upper jaws. Photogrammetric three-dimensional measurements of the effect of replacement of a removable prosthesis with a fixed prosthesis.Clin Oral Implant Res. 1994; 5: 220-228
- Photogrammetry–an alternative to conventional impressions in implant dentistry? A clinical pilot study.Int J Prosthodont. 1999; 12: 363-368
- Photogrammetry impression technique: a case history report.Int J Prosthodont. 2015; 29: 71-73
- Using stereophotogrammetric technology for obtaining intraoral digital impressions of implants.J Am Dent Assoc. 2014; 145: 338-344
- Maxillary full-arch immediately loaded implant-supported fixed prosthesis designed and produced by photogrammetry and digital printing: a clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2017; 26: 75-81
- Meta-analysis of methods used to assess implant stability.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2009; 24: 1015-1032
- Does length, diameter, or bone quality affect primary and secondary stability in self-tapping dental implants?.J Oral and Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 74: 1344-1353
- The use of polytetrafluoroethylene tape for the management of screw access channels in implant-supported prostheses.J Prosthetic Dent. 2010; 103: 189-191
- Assessing the fit of implant fixed prostheses: a critical review.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2010; 25: 506-515
- Clinical performance of provisional screw-retained metal-free acrylic restorations in an immediate loading implant protocol: a 242 consecutive patients' report.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2010; 21: 1360-1369
- Evaluation of alternative polymer bracket materials.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010; 137: 362-367
- Response of three types of cast posts and cores to static loading.Quintessence Int. 2001; 32: 552-560
Published online: July 11, 2017
© 2017 by the Editorial Council for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.