Statement of problem
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of technology in facial prosthetics.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010; 18: 332-340
- Rapid prototyping technologies in soft tissue facial prosthetics: current state of the art.Rapid Prototyp J. 2010; 16: 130-137
- Integration of digital technology in the workflow for an osseointegrated implant-retained nasal prosthesis: a clinical report.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 121: 858-862
- Complete integration of technology for improved reproduction of auricular prostheses.J Prosthet Dent. 2014; 111: 430-436
- A systematic review of the computerized tools and digital techniques applied to fabricate nasal, auricular, orbital and ocular prostheses for facial defect rehabilitation.J Stomatol Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; 121: 268-277
- Simplifying the digital workflow of facial prostheses manufacturing using a three-dimensional (3D) database: setup, development, and aspects of virtual data validation for reproduction.J Prosthodont Res. 2019; : 1-9
- Construction of an implant-retained auricular prosthesis with the aid of contemporary digital technologies: a clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2013; 22: 132-136
- CAD-CAM generated ear cast by means of a laser scanner and rapid prototyping machine.J Prosthet Dent. 2004; 92: 591-595
- Rapid development of auricular prosthesis using CAD and rapid prototyping technologies.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007; 36: 938-943
- Reporting fidelity in the literature for computer aided design and additive manufacture of implants and guides.Addit Manuf. 2018; 23: 362-373
- An impression and cast construction technique for implant-retained auricular prostheses.J Prosthet Dent. 1996; 75: 45-49
- Creating an adaptable anterior margin for an implant-retained auricular prosthesis.J Prosthet Dent. 2001; 86: 233-240
- Direct 3D printing of flexible nasal prosthesis: optimized digital workflow from scan to fit.J Prosthodont. 2019; 28: 10-14
- Direct 3D printing of silicone facial prostheses: A preliminary experience in digital workflow.J Prosthet Dent. 2018; 120: 303-308
- Auricular prostheses produced by means of conventional and digital Workflows: a clinical report on esthetic outcomes.Int J Prosthodont. 2018; 31: 63-66
- Integration of laser surface digitizing with CAD/CAM techniques for developing facial prostheses. Part 2: development of molding techniques for casting prosthetic parts.Int J Prosthodont. 2003; 16: 543-548
- Design and manufacturing of ear prosthesis by means of rapid prototyping technology.Proc Inst Mech Eng H. 2011; 225: 296-302
- CAD/CAM-assisted auricular prosthesis fabrication for a quick, precise, and more retentive outcome: a clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2017; 26: 616-621
- Development of a 3D printable maxillofacial silicone. Part II: optimization of moderator and thixotropic agent.J Prosthet Dent. 2017; 119: 299-304
- Development of a 3D printable maxillofacial silicone: Part I: optimization of polydimethylsiloxane chains and cross-linker concentration.J Prosthet Dent. 2016; 116: 617-622
- Anaplastology investigation of elastomer infiltration into 3D printed facial soft tissue prostheses.Anaplastology. 2015; 4: 3-7
- Development of three-dimensional facial expression models using morphing methods for fabricating facial prostheses.J Prosthodont Res. 2018; 62: 66-72
Presented at seventh Biennial Congress of the Advanced Digital Technology in Head and Neck Reconstruction Foundation, Tokyo, Japan, on June 22, 2019.
Supported by the Covenant Health Research Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (grant # 15016).