- 1.Remove the transmucosal abutments (Healing abutment [AO]; Megagen) after evaluating satisfactory healing of peri-implant soft tissue. Place open tray impression copings (Pick up coping [AO]; Megagen) with a 10-Ncm torque (Fig. 1) and make periapical radiographs to verify proper seating of the impression copings.
- 3.Section the sprue to the desired length with a disk (Separating disc; Falcon Abrasive Co, Ltd) (Fig. 2C) and verify its fit intraorally (Fig. 2D). If required, adjust the metal sprue segment with a disk. Apply cyanoacrylate resin adhesive (Fevikwik gel; Pidilite) on both the ends of metal sprue segment (Fig. 3A) and stabilize it to the surface of open tray impression copings (Fig. 3B).
- 4.Reinforce the attachment of both ends of metal sprue segment to the surface of impression copings with autopolymerizing resin (Pattern resin; GC Corp) (Fig. 3C). Apply autopolymerizing resin in small multiple increments to minimize shrinkage.7Repeat the procedure to connect and stabilize all open tray impression copings (Fig. 3D).
- 5.Intraorally, inject low-viscosity impression material (Flexceed light body; GC Corp) around the open tray impression copings and metal sprue segment. Fill the stock tray with a high-viscosity impression material (Flexceed putty type; GC Corp) and seat intraorally (Fig. 4).
- Impression techniques for implant dentistry.Br Dent J. 2006; 201: 429-432
- Comparative study of dimensional accuracy in three dental implant impression techniques: open tray, closed tray with impression coping, and snap cap.J Contemp Dent Pract. 2018; 19: 974-981
- Accuracy of complete- arch implant impression made with occlusal registration material.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 123: 143-148
- Orthodontic elastomeric chain as an alternative to dental floss for splinting implant impression copings for complete-arch implant impressions.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 123: 188-189
- Conventional open-tray impression versus intra oral digital scan for implant-level complete-arch impression.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 122: 543-549
- Orthodontic wire loop for engaging dental floss or orthodontic elastomeric chain in the open tray implant impression technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 124: 500-501
- Accuracy of wax, autopolymerized, and light-polymerized resin pattern materials.J Prosthodont. 1996; 5: 201-205