- 2.Draw the outline on the nylon turner. The outline can replicate an occlusal or buccal intraoral mirror or the design can be modified to allow it to fit comfortably in different areas of the oral cavity (Fig. 3).
- 3.Trim the edges of the contraster by using a heatless stone (Mizzy Heatless Wheels; Keystone Industries) at 20 000 rpm, following the outline.
- 4.Polish the edges with polishing rubber wheels (WH6; Shofu Dental Corp). Smooth the edges with 320-grit abrasive paper (LECO Corp).
- 5.Use the contraster to make intraoral pictures. Autoclave after each use (Fig. 4).
- Photographic-assisted diagnosis and treatment planning.Dent Clin North Am. 2011; 55: 211-227
- Photography and Photoshop: simple tools and rules for effective and accurate communication.Inside Dentistry. 2006; 2: 97-101
- A technique using calibrated photography and Photoshop for accurate shade analysis and communication.Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2017; 38: 106-113
- Contemporary dental photography: selection and application.Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2008; 29: 432-436