This clinical report with an 8-year follow-up describes the multidisciplinary management of a patient diagnosed with amelogenesis imperfecta. The rehabilitation included horizontal-guided bone regeneration, implant placement, use of a fixed interim prosthesis to preview the correction of occlusal disharmonies, and placement of a custom screw-retained definitive implant-supported restoration with a design that was retrievable and minimized maintenance problems.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Management of amelogenesis imperfecta in adolescent patients: Clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2019; 28: 607-612
- Clinical findings and long-term managements of patients with amelogenesis imperfecta.Eur J Dent. 2014; 8: 546-552
- Case series: Clinical findings and oral rehabilitation of patients with amelogenesis imperfecta.Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2010; 11: 201-208
- Amelogenesis imperfecta and anterior open bite: etiological, classification, clinical and management interrelationships.J Orthod Sci. 2014; 3: 1-6
- Amelogenesis imperfecta-lifelong management. Restorative management of the adult patient.Br Dent J. 2013; 215: 449-457
- Which hard tissue augmentation techniques are the most successful in furnishing bony support for implant placement?.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2007; 22: 49-70
- Fixed Implant-Supported Reconstructions. A Systematic Review.Int. J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014; 29: 84-98
- Fracture resistance of titanium-based lithium disilicate and zirconia implant restorations.J Prosthodont. 2018; 27: 644-650
- Outcome of restorative treatment in young patients with amelogenesis imperfecta. A cross-sectional, retrospective study.J Dent. 2014; 42: 1382-1389
- Restorative treatment in patients with amelogenesis imperfecta: A review.J Prosthodont. 2018; 27: 618-623
- Amelogenesis imperfecta: review of diagnostic findings and treatment concepts.Odontology. 2016; 104: 245-256
- Comparison of marginal and internal fit of press-on-metal and conventional ceramic systems for three- and four- unit implant supported partial fixed dental prostheses: An in vitro study.J Prosthet Dent. 2015; 114: 52-58
- The hemi-engaging fixed implant prosthesis: A technique for improved stability and handling.J Prosthet Dent. 2018; 120: 17-19
Published online: February 03, 2021
© 2021 by the Editorial Council for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.