The multidisciplinary treatment of a 41-year-old man with cleidocranial dysplasia is described. A rapid external distraction device was used to reposition the maxilla before the prosthodontic rehabilitation.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cleidocranial dysplasia: Management of the multiple craniofacial and skeletal anomalies.J Craniofac Surg. 2020; 31: 908-911
- Cleidocranial dysplasia: A review of the dental, historical, and practical implications with an overview of the South African experience.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2013; 115: 46-55
- Cleidocranial dysplasia: Part 1-General principles of orthognathic and surgical treatment modality.Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 1997; 111: 28-33
- Cleidocranial dysplasia: Part 2-Treatment Protocol for the orthodontic and surgical modality.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1997; 111: 173-183
- Prosthetic rehabilitation of a cleidocranial dysplasia patient with vertical maxillofacial deficiency: A clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2014; 23: 64-70
- Full-mouth rehabilitation of a patient with cleidocranial dysplasia using immediately loaded basal implant supported fixed prostheses: A case report.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2019; 65: 344-348
- Oral rehabilitation with implant-supported fixed dental prostheses of a patient with cleidocranial dysplasia.J Prosthet Dent. 2018; 119: 12-16
- The all on four treatment concept: A systematic review.Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2014; 16: 836-855
- Treatment of edentulous mandible with metal-resin fixed complete dentures: A 15- to 20-year retrospective study.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2019; 30: 817-825
- Advantages of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in the orthodontic treatment planning of cleidocranial dysplasia patients: A case report.Head Face Med. 2011; 7: 1-9
- Clinical methods for evaluating implant framework fit.J Prosthet Dent. 1999; 81: 7-13
- Distraction osteogenesis.J AM Acad Orthop Surg. 2006; 14: 168-174
- Complications in maxillary distraction using the RED II device: A retrospective analysis of 21 patients.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006; 35: 897-902
Published online: June 22, 2021
© 2021 by the Editorial Council for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.