A 21-year-old woman with multiple congenitally missing maxillary anterior teeth received interdisciplinary treatment to restore function and esthetics. The treatment was initiated with orthodontic treatment, followed by implant placement, bone and soft-tissue augmentation, and prosthetic treatment including a screw-retained implant-supported 2-unit cantilever fixed dental prosthesis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hypodontia: an update on its etiology, classification, and clinical management.Biomed Res Int. 2017; 2017: 9378325
- Tooth agenesis: from molecular genetics to molecular dentistry.J Dent Res. 2008; 87: 617-623
- The interdisciplinary management of hypodontia: background and role of paediatric dentistry.Br Dent J. 2003; 194: 245-251
- New teeth from old: treatment options for retained primary teeth.Br Dent J. 2009; 207: 315-320
- A meta-analysis of the prevalence of dental agenesis of permanent teeth.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2004; 32: 217-226
- Anomalies associated with hypodontia of the permanent lateral incisor and second premolar.J Clin Pediatr Dent. 1993; 17: 109-111
- Root resorption in retained deciduous canine and molar teeth without permanent successors in patients with severe hypodontia.Int J Paediatr Dent. 2001; 11: 171-178
- Retention of a maxillary primary canine: fifty years above and beyond the call of duty.ASDC J Dent Child. 1996; 63: 123-130
- Familial human hypodontia--is it all in the genes?.Br Dent J. 2007; 203: 203-208
- Interdisciplinary approach to treat patients with tooth agenesis: a case report.Clin Adv Periodontics. 2019; 9: 34-46
- Prosthetic treatment outcome in patients with severe hypodontia: a systematic review.J Oral Rehabil. 2016; 43: 373-387
- When should we extract deciduous teeth and place implants in young individuals with tooth agenesis?.J Oral Rehabil. 2008; 35 Suppl 1: 55-63
- Implant placement in the esthetic area: criteria for positioning single and multiple implants.Periodontol 2000. 2018; 77: 176-196
- A systematic review on the influence of the horizontal distance between two adjacent implants inserted in the anterior maxilla on the inter-implant mucosa fill.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018; 29 Suppl 15: 62-70
- Evidence-based knowledge on the aesthetics and maintenance of peri-implant soft tissues: Osteology Foundation Consensus Report Part 3-Aesthetics of peri-implant soft tissues.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018; 29 Suppl 15: 14-17
- The effect of interimplant distance on the height of the interimplant bone crest when using platform-switched implants.Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2009; 29: 141-151
- Dental implant treatment for two adjacent missing teeth in the maxillary aesthetic zone: a comparative pilot study and test of principle.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2011; 22: 207-213
- How to treat two adjacent missing teeth with dental implants. A systematic review on single implant-supported two-unit cantilever FDP's and results of a 5-year prospective comparative study in the aesthetic zone.J Oral Rehabil. 2017; 44: 461-471
- Implant supported cantilevered fixed dental rehabilitations in partially edentulous patients: systematic review of the literature. Part I.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018; 29 Suppl 18: 253-274
- Implant-supported 2-unit cantilevers compared with single crowns on adjacent implants: a comparative retrospective case series.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 123: 717-723
- Evaluation of the therapeutic efficiency of mandibular anterior implant-supported fixed bridges with cantilevers.Chin Med J. 2013; 126: 4665-4669
- Modified roll technique for localized alveolar ridge augmentation.Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 1992; 12: 415-425
Published online: September 03, 2021
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
© 2021 by the Editorial Council for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.