Abutment screw fracture is a mechanical complication associated with the failure of dental implant-supported restorations. Retrieval of fractured abutment screws without damaging the internal surface of implants is challenging and can be time-consuming. Microtube extraction devices are used to remove separated endodontic instruments. This article presents a conservative method of retrieving a fractured implant abutment screw using a microtube device.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Implant survival and biologic complications of implant fixed complete dental prostheses: an up to 5-year retrospective study.J Prosthet Dent. 2022; 128: 375-381
- Mechanical complications of implant-supported restorations with internal conical connection implants: a 14-year retrospective study.J Prosthet Dent. 1 September 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.06.053
- Management of perishing implants with abutment screw fracture - a systematic review.J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2021; 21: 229-239
- Incidence of abutment screw failure of single or splinted implant prostheses: a review and update on current clinical status.J Oral Rehabil. 2019; 46: 776-786
- Alternative approach to salvaging an implant with a fractured screw fragment: a clinical report.J Prosthet Dent. 2021; 125: 18-21
- Removing fractured endodontic instruments with a modified tube technique using a light-curing composite.J Endod. 2015; 41: 733-736
- A risk-based decision making tree for managing fractured abutment and prosthetic screws: a systematic review.J Prosthet Dent. 2018; 119: 552-559
- Removal of fractured implant screw under the microscope and transformation of cemented-type crown into screw-retained crown simultaneously: a clinical report.J Dent Sci. 2022; 17: 613-614
- An accessory technique for the intraoral removal of a fractured implant abutment screw.J Prosthet Dent. 2018; 120: 812-815
- Noninvasive method for retrieval of broken dental implant abutment screw.Contemp Clin Dent. 2014; 5: 264-267
- A technique for retrieving fractured implant screws.J Prosthet Dent. 2014; 111: 81-83
- A technique for removal of a fractured implant abutment screw.J Oral Implantol. 2013; 39: 723-725
- A conservative approach to retrieve a fractured abutment screw - case report.J Prosthodont Res. 2016; 60: 138-142
- Safe removal of a broken abutment screw with customized drill guide and rotary instrument: a clinical report.J Prosthodont. 2016; 25: 170-173
- An alternative approach for the management of fractured implant abutment screws on a mandibular implant-retained overdenture: a clinical report.J Prosthet Dent. 2016; 115: 402-405
- Management of a fractured implant abutment screw.J Oral Implantol. 2016; 42: 508-511
Published online: December 21, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This article was supported by grants from the Science & Technology Department of Sichuan Province (2021YJ0148).
© 2022 by the Editorial Council for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.