This technical report describes a fully digital workflow for the design and fabrication of removable complete dentures in a single day. This technique integrates facial and intraoral scans, uses a computer-aided design software program to modify the orientation of the maxillary occlusal plane in the sagittal and frontal planes and evaluate the esthetics and finally produces complete dentures with a clinically acceptable design, simplifying the clinical workflow.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based guidelines for the care and maintenance of complete dentures: a publication of the American college of prosthodontists.J Prosthodont. 2011; 20: S1-S12
- Fully digital workflow for replicating treatment dentures: a technique for jaw relation transfer and dynamic occlusal adjustment.J Prosthet Dent. 6 Dec 2021; ([Epub ahead of print.])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.09.014
- Simplified versus traditional techniques for complete denture fabrication: a systematic review.J Prosthet Dent. 2015; 113: 12-16
- Development of complete dentures based on digital intraoral impressions-case report.J Prosthodont Res. 2018; 62: 116-120
- Workflow for complete dentures fabrication in three appointments: a dental technique.J Prosthet Dent. 3 Dec 2021; ([Epub ahead of print.])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.10.026
- Clinical complications and quality assessments with computer-engineered complete dentures: a systematic review.J Prosthet Dent. 2017; 117: 721-728
- A comparison of two digital techniques for the fabrication of complete removable dental prostheses: a pilot clinical study.J Prosthet Dent. 2016; 116: 756-763
- Complete denture fabrication supported by CAD/CAM.J Prosthet Dent. 2016; 115: 541-546
- Digitally fabricated immediate complete dentures: case reports of milled and printed dentures.Int J Prosthodont. 2020; 33: 232-241
- Complete denture digital workflow: combining basic principles with a CAD-CAM approach.J Prosthet Dent. 2022; 127: 550-555
- Integrating intraoral, perioral, and facial scans into the design of digital dentures.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 123: 584-588
- Virtual evaluation for CAD-CAM-fabricated complete dentures.J Prosthet Dent. 2017; 117: 28-33
- Replica denture technique: improvements through the use of CAD/CAM technology.Int J Comput Dent. 2021; 24: 439-448
- How accurate are the fusion of cone-beam CT and 3-D stereophotographic images?.PLoS One. 2012; 7e49585
- Using intraoral scanning to capture complete denture impressions, tooth positions, and centric relation records.Int J Prosthodont. 2018; 31: 377-381
- Three-dimensional differences between intraoral scans and conventional impressions of edentulous jaws: a clinical study.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 123: 264-268
- Accuracy of mobile device-compatible 3D scanners for facial digitization: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Med Internet Res. 2020; 22e22228
- Recording the retruded contact position: a review of clinical techniques.Br Dent J. 2004; 196: 395-426
Published online: March 13, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: Support provided by Fujian Industry-University-Research Joint Innovation Project under Grant [2021H6007].
© 2022 by the Editorial Council for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.