A modified scan body system is described to preserve the occlusal vertical dimension and obtain intraoral and extraoral records to transfer to the dental laboratory technician for a complete arch fixed implant-supported prosthesis. This technique helps to effectively manage the orientation and articulation of the maxillary implants for 3-dimensional smile design.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Full digital workflow for the treatment of an edentulous patient with guided surgery, immediate loading and 3D-printed hybrid prosthesis: the BARI technique 2.0. A case report.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 5160
- Prosthetic articulator-based implant rehabilitation virtual patient: a technique bridging implant surgery and reconstructive dentistry.J Prosthet Dent. 30 October 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.09.013
- Systematic literature review of digital three-dimensional superimposition techniques to create virtual dental patients.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2015; 30: 330-337
- Trueness and precision of economical smartphone-based virtual facebow records.J Prosthodont. 2022; 31: 22-29
- Factors that influence the accuracy of intraoral scanning of total edentulous arches rehabilitated with multiple implants: a systematic review.J Prosthet Dent. 13 October 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.09.001
- Virtual articulators and virtual mounting procedures: where do we stand?.J Prosthodont. 2021; 30: 24-35
- Indirect digital workflow for virtual cross-mounting of fixed implant-supported prostheses to create a 3D virtual patient.J Prosthodont. 2021; 30: 177-182
- Guided implant surgery workflow in edentulous patients: a precise and rapid technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2022; 128: 239-244
- Creating a virtual patient for completely edentulous computer-aided implant surgery: a dental technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2021; 125: 564-568
- A digital approach integrating facial scanning in a CAD-CAM workflow for complete-mouth implant-supported rehabilitation of patients with edentulism: a pilot clinical study.J Prosthet Dent. 2017; 117: 486-492
- Digital technology in fixed implant prosthodontics.Periodontol 2000. 2017; 73: 178-192
- A fully digital approach to replicate functional and aesthetic parameters in implant-supported full-arch rehabilitation.J Prosthodont Res. 2018; 62: 383-385
- Digital articulation of a complete arch fixed implant prosthesis using the implant prosthetic connections: a dental technique.J Prosthet Dent. 14 April 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2022.02.023
- Accuracy analysis of complete-arch digital scans in edentulous arches when using an auxiliary geometric device.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 121: 447-454
- Maxillary complete arch implant-supported restoration: a digital scanning and maxillomandibular relationship workflow.J Prosthet Dent. 2021; 125: 216-220
- Immediately loaded interim complete arch implant-supported fixed dental prostheses fabricated with a completely digital workflow: a clinical technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2020; 124: 423-427
- CAD-CAM-fabricated interim fixed complete arch implant-supported restorations based on the existing dentition.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 121: 717-723
- Complete digital workflow in prosthesis prototype fabrication for complete-arch implant rehabilitation: a technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 122: 189-192
- Reliability and time efficiency of digital vs. analog bite registration technique for the manufacture of full-arch fixed implant prostheses.J Clin Med. 2022; 11: 2882
- Scan post, bite pillar, reference pillar and related methods for recording dental implant position.2022 (US20190223990A1 (Patent))
- Myostabilized centric relation.J Stomat Occ Med. 2011; 4: 87-94
- Comparing condylar positions achieved through bimanual manipulation to condylar positions achieved through masticatory muscle contraction against an anterior deprogrammer: a pilot study.J Prosthet Dent. 2005; 94: 389-393
- Comparison of a conventional and virtual occlusal record.J Prosthet Dent. 2015; 114: 92-97
- Application of a new scan body for face-driven fixed prosthetics.Clin Exp Dent Res. 2022; 8: 275-281
- Automatic marker-less alignment of digital 3D face and jaw models.2020 (US10839481B1 (Patent))
- Implant framework misfit: a systematic review on assessment methods and clinical complications.Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2021; 23: 244-258
Published online: May 10, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
© 2023 by the Editorial Council for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.