Guiding planes are essential to the success of removable partial dentures (RPDs). With computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD-CAM), this report presents a novel method of designing and fabricating preparation templates to precisely prepare guiding planes for RPD abutments.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A laboratory investigation of the role of guide planes in the retention of cast cobalt-chromium alloy partial denture frameworks.J Dent. 2001; 29: 291-299
- Guide-plane retention in designing removable partial dentures.Int J Prosthodont. 2018; 31: 145-148
- A CAD-CAM device for preparing guide planes for removable partial dentures: a dental technique.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 122: 10-13
- A metal template for preparing guiding planes for removable partial dentures.J Prosthet Dent. 2021; 126: 471-476
- Fabricating a reduction guide for parallel guiding planes with computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing technology.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 121: 749-753
- Preparing guiding planes for removable partial dentures: an in vitro comparison between assisted CAD-CAM template procedure and freehand preparation.J Dent. 2022; 123: 104166
- Adaptation of removable partial denture frameworks fabricated by selective laser melting.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 122: 316-324
- Trueness of removable partial denture frameworks additively manufactured with selective laser melting.J Prosthet Dent. 2022; 127: 122-127
- Evaluation of removable partial denture frameworks fabricated using 3 different techniques.J Prosthet Dent. 2019; 122: 390-395
Published online: May 07, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: Supported by the Project of the National Clinical Research Center for Oral Diseases [LCB202007].
© 2023 by the Editorial Council for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.